WHAT WE DO AND FOR WHO
ARTISTS AND COMPANIES
Each artist is a class by him/herself, thus he/she has a unique journey to undertake
- Ongoing support to artistic projects
- Resources and production economy
- Strategy to find suitable markets
- Communication and dissemination
- Teamwork to pool efforts
Evolve together to grow artistically and professionally
ALWAYS MOVING: STRATEGIES AND PARTNERSHIPS IN PROGRESS
- Artistic vision in cultural management
- Past awareness and vision of the future
- Search of original spaces and formats as street shows, itinerants and site specific
- Watchful eye on cross disciplinary languages and new stage disciplines as urban dance
- Networking to share knowledge and creating a professional community
- Regular attendance to fairs, festivals and congresses
- Communication and diffusion through different media
- Building teams with collaborators according to the project. Along the agency’s trajectory several collaborators have and still participate contributing with their ideas and technical and artistic background
DEM: exchanging to grow
The international network DANCE EUROPE MOVEMENT (DEM) was conceived by Fani Benages to boost the exchange and mobility of companies throughout Europe, collaborating with distributors and producers of different countries, European mostly. The project was presented in December 2010 at the Antic Teatre of Barcelona, in which agents from Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal and Alicante (Valencia) participated. Since this first meeting, Clàudia Brufau starts coordinating DEM with Fani. The project was developed with the involvement of agents of Finland and UK.
Fairs, platforms and work groups:
December 2010: first work group and presentation of DEM at Antic Teatre.
March 2011: Pia Repo invites us at Nordic-Baltic round table Meeting organised by Kartunnen Kolletiv (Helsinki, Finland).
April 2011: we attend UUS TANTS Festival in Estonia. Invited by Trinuu Aaron, dance manager and producer based in Tallin, Soltumatu Tanstu Ühendus (Estonia).
April 2011: we organised a work group with to develop the project with some partners who attended IETM (International network for contemporary performing arts) in Stockholm.
August 2012: we attended and participated in Tanzmesse as DEM. The agencies under this umbrella were: Cámara Blanca (Amadeo Vaño) from Alacant, CaminAktion (Dirk Korell) from Montpellier, TanzKontor (Thomas Regensburger) from Hannover, Gallerie Choreographique (Thierry Gourmelen) from Carcasonne and Fani Benages Arts Escèniques.
August 2014: we participated for second time at Tanzmesse as DEM platform —Cámara Blanca (Amadeo Vaño), CaminAktion (Dirk Korell), Kartunen Kollectiv and Van Baasbank & CO ( Pia Repo), and Fani Benages Arts Escèniques .
DEM received support from ICIC (Catalan Government) in 2010 and 2011, and ICUB (Barcelona City Hall) in 2011.
ORIENT EXPRESS CO-OP is a partnership of distribution dance agencies from different parts of Spain with a goal in common: boosting dance made in Spain across borders.
*by Anna Arboix, FaniBenages i Sara Kastresana
Move on is an agency which models are professionals from movement fields, such as dance and circus, and other disciplines like parkour, skateboarding or surfing.
Move on focuses its work on media like: television, cinema and advertising.
CREDITS AND PARTNERSHIP:
Direction: Fani Benages
Production: Sara Kastresana, Jordi Puigdefàbregas
Management: Irene Segura
Communication: Clàudia Brufau
Photography: Carles Decors
Graphic design: Pedro Hugo Carmo
Other agents: Elena Carrascal, Thierry Gourmelen , Dirk Korell, Toño Monzón, Amadeo Vaño.
With the support of: